- 350ml almond milk
- 450 grams brown rice flour
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp Matcha green tea powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp butter, plus more to taste / consistency
- 200 grams Greek yogurt
- 50 grams chopped walnuts
- 50 grams choped almonds
- 100 grams chopped strawberries
- 5 tbsp grams maple syrup
- 75 grams cacao powder
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
(Again this is to your choosing)
- In a small bowl, mix together all of the topping ingredients, except the Greek yogurt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the egg, milk, sugar and coconut oil. Mix with a whisk until combined. Add the brown rice flour, matcha green tea powder, add baking powder. Mix until you achieve a nice consistent mix.
- Melt the butter on a frying pan over medium heat. To make a pancake, ladle about 1/3 cup of the batter onto the pan. Pour enough batter to make 1 or 2 pancakes at a time, taking care to keep them evenly spaced apart.
- Cook until bubbles break the surface of the pancakes and the sides are golden brown, this is usually about 2-3 minutes. Flip the pancake and cook 1-2 minutes more on the other side. Remove them from the pan and cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more butter to the pan as needed.
- To prepare the chocolate syrup, add the ingredients to a small bowl. Microwave for 30 - 60 seconds until the coconut oil is melted and the mixture is warm.
- To assemble the pancakes, place them on a plate and add a dollop of Greek yogurt to each pancake followed by 1-2 tablespoons of the topping mix. Drizzle 1-2 tablespoons of the chocolate syrup over the pancakes and serve while the pancakes are still warm.
Note: You can freeze the cooked pancakes for up to 3 months.